Friday, July 23, 2010

back in it


View Larger Map

"we're on a mission from god..."

well, it's not that serious, but for me it feels like that at times.

I was sitting at home last night in that odd quandary of knowing I had to do something, and not knowing where to start.  I needed a push... and then it came... "lets just go".

And off we went, with just enough time to throw everything in a bag, some clothes, laptop, spare chargers, some shoes... take a shower... go... don't even stop for food.

Really, I love road trip food - road trips are the best occasions to really try food that you don't have every day.  When you're at home, even a place that's not close but in the same city is something you could goto fairly often, but something out of town, thats an opportunity.

Case in point - Hot Doug's - if you don't know what it is, Google it... I'll see you there in a couple of hours.

Anyway, above you see my plan for today, I'm in Lincoln Park now, and I guess I'm gonna go by foot all over the place to my chosen 7 agencies.  Luckily, 2 are in the same building, though one is a division of Ford Models and while it's the acting division, I'm not holding my breath on that one for a while.

So, the push, the start, I'm here.   There was a devil on my shoulder, the horned & cleft-hoofed embodiment of a woman in sexy attire, a woman I know well in fact.  Well, I think I do, but I don't think anyone does... but she forked me in the shoulder and told me to get off my ass and run with the idea.  I guess tenacity may require a push at times.

8.4miles on foot... really not that big a deal.  Everyone knows how to track me via Latitude or whatever, but send me email or a text if you're willing to reach out to a guy on a mission.  Lord knows I'll have time to reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment