Thursday, July 22, 2010

Heat and Headshots


I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow, for what should be the first of many trips and hopefully will start my return to being up there more often than not. However, I'm basically starting over with the auditioning and so on, including possibly returning to Second City. I needed to make sure my headshot and resume were in order.

The resume is easy, add a modeling job and the AT&T job, easy... but then, the
hair... so I headed to Rommie. Rommie is a styling goddess, but there's not much that can be done about reality. Reality is that my hair is very fine... as Dan puts it 'very fine... fine like baby hair'. Whatever, its thin too, and fine + thin means its on its way out. Suzy wants it long to take weight away from my face, so Rommie just cleaned it up, but in the end I just look like a big forehead with a great haircut. Fine, we move on.

Then, the pictures. Rogue had the idea that we just take them ourselves. And why not? I just need one or two, anything current to go with other ones I've taken over the years to show a range of appearance as I edge my way back in. I have to look like the pics, one of them must be relatively current.

So, why not? Rogue's a model, she loves photography, she has a badass camera,
we know how to work both sides of the lens on some level enough so that hopefully if we take a bunch of pics, I can get 1 or 2 decent ones to use, let's do it.

Rogue shows up at my house ready to go, I hit the shower and she's going through my clothes picking out outfits. She came up with roughly 7 of them, perfect, and she had a set of locations in mind, also perfect - let's go.

HOLY CRAP - it was 93' and HOT - topped off with the usual Saint Louis humidity. After 2 hours of attempting to make me look good it was a mess. We only got through 2 outfits and made the decision that we had to find some places inside as soon as possible. I had a client with an office nearby who wouldn't care, so we took some shots there... but the lighting was horrific.

In the end we took around 30 pics - we might maybe have 1 or 2 decent ones after she retouches them. It's so bad out there my hair somehow got all poofy, and I was
sweating through everything in embarrassing ways.

In the end, we made it a couple hours, and we headed back to the house. The only decent pic that came out of the heat was one of Rogue about to pass out while giving Cat attention.

So far at least... she's attempting to do some retouching of the gushing pores on my face right now.

I think I'm going to have to get more tenacious... there was a time when doing all this was all I could think about, it became all I did and now... now I feel like I'm trying to get back in the motions but I'm just tired.

Hopefully, this first trip will remind me of getting back in the swing. I've been helping one of my buddies from Second City with his info & resume lately, I need to take some of my own advice as well. On some level it's exciting me again, after a year and a half of not being up there and now all the interaction I'm having with people and the work that's coming up I'm pumped.

Now, to just make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment