Tuesday, August 10, 2010

FREEDOM!!

I want you to imagine you start a business... it could be a florist, or a restaurant, or a salon, or a computer store... anything you want.

You have the right as an American to run that business however you want, right?  You can only cut men's hair, you can only do flowers for funerals, you could only serve food to cops, you could only fix the computers of lesbians - its your business, you can do with it whatever you want.

And let's assume your business does well, you expand and buy a building and decide to hire employees.  You can buy or build your building, you can do that anywhere you want (as long as someone will sell to you), and you have the right to hire whoever you want - just as much as anyone has the right to not work for you as well.

So, explain to me why the government has the right to tell us lately how to run our lives?

This is still America, right?  Don't we all have the right as homeowners to do anything we want in our homes?  Don't we have the right as business people to run our businesses however we see fit?  Its a CAPITALIST society, the business which succeeds is the one with the hardest working people and the best plan (in theory), so if anyone is doing anything to cause people to not spend their money, they won't survive.

Yet, we now live in a society of entitlement.  Now even those who consider themselves conservatives roam the country assuming that they have the right to go into any business and have the conditions there up to their liking - by law.

This is not what America's about people!  If you go into a hardware store and its dark & dingy and the people there look shady, you leave.  There are no laws saying that products have to have value, and no laws saying a store has to be in conditions that meet your liking.  If you don't like it, you don't spend your money there, right?

Booohooo - too many Americans want there to be laws telling people how to run their lives and their businesses, and how is that freedom?  If you want to come to my restaurant for the atmosphere, then you want the atmosphere that I am providing, even if it includes gun-toting, cigar & pipe smoking, fur wearing, loud obnoxious people.  I have the right to allow people to do whatever I want them to be able to do in my place!  If its legal in general, I should be allowed to do it in MY home or MY business or MY building.  If I am a wizard of hair styling, and you want me to cut your hair, and I smoke - then that's part of what you're dealing with.  If i make a great cheeseburger at my home, you wouldn't tell me I can't smoke there - so why do you feel the righ to tell me I can't at my business.  If you don't like it, don't come there - - YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED THE RIGHT TO PATRONIZE ANY BUSINESS ANY MORE THAN YOU ARE ENTITLED TO MAKE USE OF SOMEONE ELSE'S HOME.

So someday, when you setup your own business, and then you find out that the government made it illegal for people to do what they want with their lives, and all the freedom you may lose in you own home - you remember it started now, and we allowed it.

1 comment:

  1. You're ranting about something here but you only make broad generalizations. What specifically is bothering you?

    ReplyDelete