Monday, January 10, 2011

My Marital Resume

a friend of mine and i were talking tonight about what i discuss with women about marriage... really?  i just make conversation, i dont have anything to hide - but he's of the belief that some of this can be misinterpreted.  he suggested i just get it all on paper... i have a business resume, i have an acting resume, so why not have a marriage resume?

i'm in no rush to get married... but the idea is amusing.

when i asked what should be on a 'marial resume' he replied by asking me what i wanted in a wife.

- be attractive (to me), and willing to stay attractive (to me)
- dont be a dumbass
- make the relationship the important thing, not babies or paychecks or a lifestyle... and this seems to be the problem really.  i'm not opposed to wanting these things, i'm opposed to it being a deciding factor in a relationship, i mean, what if someone can't have kids, or gets fired?

really, its that simple.  don't be interested in me because you're dying to have kids, don't be some flake, and realize that i'm marrying you for who you are that day and all i think you can be... if you spend all your time working out just to get a ring, you're kinda missing the point.

apparently this wasn't acceptable, because even under those guidelines there are so many little details that women will consider... and these details i am supposed to answer.  so, here we go:

Richard J. Valenta
Bachelor

OBJECTIVE
To have a life of happiness

EXPERIENCE
I have met and known many people, I have traveled to some of the world's nicest places and some of the world's biggest shitholes, I think I'm a good conversationalist, I am fun.

HEALTH
I have allergies, otherwise I have no health issues.

EDUCATION
I have an MBA emphasized in Finance, a Bachelor of Science majored in business and minored in accounting.  I have also completed the Second City curriculum in Improvisation and Acting, as well as courses at Piven Theater Workshop, and COCA.

EMPLOYMENT
I am actor... though lately its been hard to pay the bills that way and I also work as a freelance IT and Business consultant.

RELIGION
Roman Catholic

POLITICS
Fiscal Conservative and Social Moderate.

HABITS
I drink socially, I smoke, I don't do drugs... I try to workout fairly often, but only because I want to look good naked.

FAMILY
I come from a basic family, still married parents, 1 sister.  My mother is 1 of 17, so I know what its like to have a big family.  I have often been referred to as a 'good son'... this is apparently something women like to know.

KIDS
I have no children, I am not opposed to children... but I don't think a relationship should start or continue because people want or have kids.

HOBBIES
Electronics & computers.

HOME SKILLS
I'm handy around the house, I've installed my own appliances and worked on my own car.  I know how to clean.  All of this doesn't mean I do it often now, or don't know when it's better to call in a professional.

PUBLIC SKILLS
While around the house I prefer to be laid back, I clean up well and know how to behave well under almost any circumstance.  I'm also a big fan of direction in case the people with me are nervous.


...really, what else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment