Wednesday, January 26, 2011

unrecognized...

last night, a friend of mine who's in town asked me to meet him out. we went to a nearby bar and met another friend - the two of them had decided to group up with a few others and were doing a weight loss competition.


as the discussion progressed, the questions were raised of 'who is fat' vs 'who is out of shape' and when weight gain made a difference at all.


eventually, i brought out one of my headshots, claiming that i was way huge compared to how i should look... my friend thought i was crazy, and that i still looked the same.


then the waitress came to the table, my friend grabbed my phone, clearly displaying my headshot on its large color screen and asked her who was in the picture - i was sitting right there, and she DID NOT RECOGNIZE ME!!


so... i got LA out of the way, and last weekend was the big 3 bday party weekend hurdle i had to clear. in 5 days my weight loss buddy heads to Africa for two weeks. she will be in the desert surrounded by foods she wont want to eat - its kind of an unfair advantage. i can only hope that she catches some trips to an international mcdonald's in an effort to avoid eating roasted platypus. either way, she's already gorgeous, and she's going to come back tan and less a lot of water weight.


this is all a sign, i need to make sure that when she gets off that plane from her trip she sees a difference. its a perfect opportunity to have someone who may not notice a gradual weight loss notice it since she's paying attention anyway - but will be gone for 2 weeks. i keep doing little things that work against me that, thinking that 1 Coke won't make a difference, or that a few days away from the gym I can make up for - and then don't.


i have got to stop letting the little things in life derail my larger goals, we all do.



No comments:

Post a Comment